Sunday, June 24, 2012

Empowering Homeless Men in Harlem

Empowering Homeless Men in Harlem Video Clips. Duration : 3.38 Mins.


www.davidlynchfoundation.org Transcription: That lifestyle, being homeless, it's a very, very lonely, lonely, depressing... you're saying yes to a lot of things you want to say no to. You try to hide your true feelings out there. You know you're not supposed to be living like this, but you're, like, trapped. You're caught up. I thought I would die, I really did. I thought, you know there's no way I can get out of this. A typical day living in the streets is, like, walking up and down, nothing really to do, trying to find a way to get money to eat, maybe you collect cans or you beg for change, ask people for change... walking the streets all night and walking past restaurants and you know they threw food out and you're, like, so hungry. I was almost eating out of garbage cans. It was... it was.... it was terrible. Coming to the Doe Fund was the best thing that happened to me. You have a place to live, a safe environment. You're sure to eat three meals a day. They have all the tools you need to start your life over if you're serious. I learned about Transcendental Meditation, TM, at a house meeting. Somebody talked to me about TM, and I didn't know what it was. All I knew is that I was so stressed out. I just heard "meditation." And I was like, well, let me try it. Maybe it'll help me. At first I thought okay, we're going to meditate for twenty minutes and I'm going to get some rest. I didn't know anything about the healing process, I didn't know anything about the ...

Tags: homeless, doe fund, david lynch foundation, TM, meditation, transcendental meditation, david lynch, rehabilitation, DLF Life on the street, Harlem, Stress, Rejuvenation, Save, Homeless man under pressure

No comments:

Post a Comment